Already know how to sail? Want to refresh, or get ready to sail a yacht of larger size, expand your horizons, and get ready to cruise and charter here or abroad? Our Start Cruising SM course is for you.
Ready to take it up a notch?
NEXT SCHEDULE: April 27 & 28, City Island.
After you’ve learned to sail (with us, we hope!), and practiced a little more, you are ready to step aboard a larger boat with more complex gear, hoping for a little sailing action by day and a little fun wherever you land in the afternoon/evening – even if that’s just back where you started.
Our Start CruisingSM course (Basic Coastal Cruising/ASA 103) starts taking you where you want to explore.
- Two intensive days. No overnight – we focus on maneuvering
- dusk/night return one day so we use and see running lights, buoys and beacons
- Max 4 students locally in Northeast; max 6 on instructional sailing vacations
- aboard boats in the upper 20’s to low 30’s as appropriate to the students.
- Leads to ASA 103 Basic Coastal Cruising certification. Prerequisite: ASA 101 Basic Keelboat or comparable skills and experience.
Schedules: most are one weekend (no overnight), but we also do weekday schedules on demand and custom weekend, split weekend or combo schedules. Contact us for custom.
Want to see exact dates for this or any other course? Here you go…
Ready to do this? See our scheduling/enrolling page to just sign up securely right there. (You can also just check dates, or see our terms and conditions.)
Questions first? Contact us.
Need to just ‘test out’ to get your piece of paper? You can do a ‘challenge’ of the ASA 103 standard for a fraction of the time and price of the whole course. Contact us to discuss whether this makes sense for you.