Ready to learn how to sail, cruise or navigate? Winter 2017/18 Navigation (ASA 105) schedules for Manhattan & New Rochelle are posted here, as are 2018 sailing schedules for City Island (ASA 101, 103 & 104). Our fun and comprehensive Start Sailing course (learn-to-sail/Basic Keelboat, ASA 101) resumes in April! See a list of courses with links here, or contact us with questions
$ale is still ON! 10% off all courses and Sailing Club memberships through the end of January.
Next NAVIGATION SCHEDULES (ASA 105) in Manhattan: you tell us! New FLEX SCHEDULING for COASTAL NAV 105. Tell us when you can do it – weeknights or weekends. We’ll set up a schedule that works for you, because it will work for others too.
On this page, you can purchase our standard full courses and Sailing Club memberships, or just check schedules in the drop-down menu below. For specialty clinics, we will send you an email invoice you can pay from.
Signing up is simple! Two options…
1. Enroll securely right here. Easy from any device; super mobile-friendly. Use credit/debit, reward/gift cards, or a PayPal account if you have or create one. (Powered by them, but you do not need to have or sign up for PayPal.) In some cases, you can even use a bank account. You’ll get instant confirmation both on-screen and by email.
2. One call does it all if you like speaking to someone, and we can answer any questions. 718-885-0335. Payment is by credit/debit card, check, or cash.
Any which way you pay to play, please read the terms and conditions at the bottom of the page before enrolling. There, you’ll find a list of Courses, prices & discounts, with links back to their pages, in case you need to check anything before choosing.
Graduates of any of our certification courses enjoy a 10% discount on all future courses & clinics.
* Discounts can’t be combined, and don’t apply to sale prices, other specials, and our Price Matching Policy (unless we’re matching a volume discount at another school). Requires at least 3 students in a schedule for nav and cruising courses.
Price matching policy for our Start Sailing course:
We’ll match any tri-state area school’s price for an honest, full, 3-day learn-to-sail course, and split the difference for 2-day programs. We will BEAT the final price of any yacht club’s full 3-day course. You can ask for price matching when you enroll, or for up to one week afterward (in which case we credit any difference owed you). Full details on price matching appear at the bottom of this page before general terms and conditions.
FIRST, choose your course from the drop down, and schedules will magically appear. Verify your course and make a note of which schedules you’re interested in. (If a course or clinic doesn’t appear, just shoot us a message and once we confirm date/s with you, we’ll send you a email invoice that let’s you pay by credit/debit or PayPal.)
NEXT, choose the appropriate payment amount from the drop downs for your course below, and click the yellow button to set sail. You’ll get instant on-screen and email confirmation, and we’ll follow up with a second. Shoot us a message or reply to our confirmation to set your schedule. You can also call us at 718-885-0335 if you have questions or anything to add. Welcome aboard!
Ready to do this? Here we go…
|Start Sailing (ASA 101)|
Price matching policy for our Start Sailing course: full details.
We’ll match any Tri-State area school’s price for a 3-day learn-to-sail course, and split the difference for 2-day programs. You can ask for price matching when you enroll, or for up to one week afterward (in which case we credit any difference owed you).
BEWARE of misleading descriptions of how long a course is. Schools do it; daily deal sites do it. Be sure you’re clear about the following when comparing programs:
- how many hours are considered a ‘day’
- whether those hours are sailing or in a classroom
- whether sailing hours are with an instructor or practicing without one
What do we give you?
- 3 full days with an instructor, mostly on-water (approx 5 hours classroom and 18 sailing)
- 3 students maximum per boat (almost all other schools do 4 per boat)
- 2 half day practice sessions, supervised by an instructor, but you sail without one
So, you see, we are a better value BEFORE price matching. Having said that, here are the terms for this policy…
- School must be an ASA or US Sailing Certification facility.
- A yacht club is a private, non-profit membership club.
- Each ‘day’ must be mostly sailing time with an instructor. A ‘3-day’ course that only gives you two days with an instructor on board is a 2-day course. For two-day courses, if part of that time is practice sailing without an instructor, or taking and exam, etc, we will give you 25% of the price difference instead of 50%. (Remember, we include two half-day practice sessions after our entire 3-day course, and don’t use course time to administer tests.)
- Their price must be all-inclusive, or we’ll add on the extras – course materials, certification, etc – before matching the price or splitting the difference.
- Price matching applies regardless of whether either course is on sale.
- If their course is offered through a ‘daily deal’ site such as Groupon, Living Social, etc, we will still do price matching unless there are extra restrictions imposed on the purchaser through the offer as compared to that school’s posted terms & conditions. In that case, we’ll split the difference for 3-day courses and offer 25% of the difference for 2-day courses.
Questions about this, or anything else? Ask us.
Here’s a list of the most common courses with links back to their pages for more info…