Ready to learn how to sail, cruise or navigate? Sailing schedules for City Island (ASA 101, 103 & 104) and Navigation schedules for Manhattan are shown below. (2018 shown for reference; 2019 are the same except for the date shift and will be posted shortly.) See a list of courses with links here, or contact us with questions.
Got Gift Certs? We do!
Save now; Sail Later!SM Our post season holiday sale begins now. Treat yourself or give the gift of sailing, cruising or navigating. Save 20% through Christmas; then, discount drops to 15% through New Years. And so on… just like a ski/ride resort! Your best deal for the best sailing club and courses is right now. See our “what we do” page for all we have to offer, or just scroll below. We’ll knock 20% off whatever you need for 2019! Hit us up and we’ll send you a no obligation email invoice to click and pay from. (You’ll only hear from us once – unless you sign up of course!)
On this page, you can purchase our certification courses and Sailing Club memberships, or just check schedules in the drop-down menu below. For specialty clinics, we will send you an email invoice you can pay directly from.
Signing up is simple! Two options…
1. Enroll securely right here. Easy from any device; super mobile-friendly. Use credit/debit, reward/gift cards, or a PayPal account if you have or create one. (Powered by them, but you do not need to have or sign up for PayPal.) In some cases, you can even use a bank account. You’ll get instant confirmation both on-screen and by email.
2. One call does it all if you like speaking to someone, and we can answer any questions. 718-885-0335. Payment is by credit/debit card, check, or cash.
Any which way you pay to play, please read the terms and conditions at the bottom of the page before enrolling. There, you’ll find a list of Courses, prices & discounts, with links back to their pages, in case you need to check anything before choosing.
Graduates of any of our certification courses enjoy a 10% discount on all future courses & clinics.
* Discounts can’t be combined, and don’t apply to sale prices, other specials, and our Price Matching Policy (unless we’re matching a volume discount at another school). Requires at least 3 students in a schedule for nav and cruising courses.
Price matching policy for our Start Sailing course:
We’ll match any Tri-State Area school’s price for an honest, full, 3-day learn-to-sail course, and split the difference for 2-day programs. (Good luck finding a school that gives you as much as we do!) We will BEAT the final price of any yacht club’s full 3-day course. You can ask for price matching when you enroll, or for up to one week afterward (in which case we credit any difference owed you). Choose the $1 option in the drop down pricing menu for Start Sailing. Tell us which program you’re looking for a price match with. We’ll verify the final pricing with you and send an email invoice for the balance that you can click and pay from. More details on price matching appear at the bottom of this page before general terms and conditions.
FIRST, choose your course from the drop down, and schedules will magically appear. Note or copy the schedule. (If a course or clinic doesn’t appear, just shoot us a message and once we confirm date/s with you, we’ll send you a email invoice that lets you pay by credit/debit or PayPal.)
NEXT, choose the appropriate payment amount from the drop downs for your course below, and click the yellow button to set sail. (For price matching on Start SailingSM, you must email or call us first and we’ll verify, then email you a custom invoice that you can pay directly from.) You’ll get instant on-screen and email confirmation, and we’ll follow up with a second and confirm your schedule. Shoot us a message or reply to our confirmation to set your schedule. You can also call us at 718-885-0335 if you have questions or anything to add. Welcome aboard!
Ready to do this? Here we go…
Price matching policy for our Start Sailing course: full details.
We’ll match any Tri-State area school’s price for a 3-day learn-to-sail course, and split the difference for 2-day programs. You can ask for price matching when you enroll, or for up to one week afterward (in which case we credit any difference owed you).
BEWARE of misleading descriptions of how long a course is. Schools do it; daily deal sites do it. Be sure you’re clear about the following when comparing programs:
- how many hours are considered a ‘day’
- whether those hours are sailing or in a classroom
- whether sailing hours are with an instructor or practicing without one
What do we give you?
- 3 full days with an instructor, mostly on-water (approx 5 hours classroom and 18 sailing)
- 3 students maximum per boat (almost all other schools do 4 per boat)
- 2 or 3 half day practice sessions, supervised by an instructor, but you sail without one
So, you see, we are a better value BEFORE price matching. Having said that, here are the terms for this policy…
- School must be an ASA or US Sailing Certification facility.
- A yacht club is a private, non-profit membership club.
- Each ‘day’ must be mostly sailing time with an instructor. A ‘3-day’ course that only gives you two days with an instructor on board is a 2-day course. For two-day courses, if part of that time is practice sailing without an instructor, or taking and exam, etc, we will give you 25% of the price difference instead of 50%. (Remember, we include two half-day practice sessions after our entire 3-day course, and don’t use course time to administer tests.)
- Their price must be all-inclusive, or we’ll add on the extras – course materials, certification, etc – before matching the price or splitting the difference.
- Price matching applies regardless of whether either course is on sale.
- If their course is offered through a ‘daily deal’ site such as Groupon, Living Social, etc, we will still do price matching unless there are extra restrictions imposed on the purchaser through the offer as compared to that school’s posted terms & conditions. In that case, we’ll split the difference for 3-day courses and offer 25% of the difference for 2-day courses.
Questions about this, or anything else? Ask us.
Here’s a list of the most common courses with links back to their pages for more info…