Get out of Manhattan, and learn how to sail a charter yacht on Long Island Sound – the NYC region’s premier cruising grounds. Earn ASA Bareboat 104 certification.
…where it’s at, once you know how to get there. We can take you!
Now, you’re ready to cruise in unfamiliar waters for a week or so, doing it all – navigating, anchoring, mooring, basic troubleshooting, and just plain loving the cruising lifestyle – maybe with a sprinkle of performance sailing in the mix when you encounter other cruisers and your competitive juices start flowing.
- 3-day intensive locally in Northeast (usually City Island base) or 1-week instructional sailing vacation abroad (typically Caribbean or Mediterranean).
- Max 4 per boat locally and 6 for sailing vacations
- Aboard a 30-something locally with wheel steering, multiple headsails and/or roller furling, inboard diesel, etc. For sailing vacations, we average out at around 43 feet
- We pay special attention to docking and navigation while hitting all the other important skills needed to cruise stress-free and safely.
- Leads to ASA 104, Bareboat Cruising certification. Prerequisites: 101 and 103 certification or comparable experience/training.
nb: we often do custom schedules for Bareboat, so be sure to subscribe to our eNews, Tidings, via the form on all pages to get updates on schedules, trips, articles, etc. Or, just contact us.
- Memorial Day: May 28-30
- June 11 & 12 (plus day 3 TBD with your input – weeknight/s or weekend day)
- July 2-4
- July 25-27 (weekdays)
- Labor Day: September 3-5
- Columbus Day: October 8-10
Ready to do this? See our scheduling/enrolling page for terms and conditions and how to sign up (call us or shoot us a form right from that page).
Questions first? Contact us.
Need to just ‘test out’ to get your piece of paper? You can do a ‘challenge’ of the ASA 104 standard for a fraction of the time and price of the whole course. Contact us to discuss whether this makes sense for you.